Eligibility Requirements for International Students

The School is required to ensure that a student’s qualifications, experience and English Language proficiency are appropriate for the course for which enrolment is sought.

English Language Proficiency

For English Language proficiency we are guided in the first instance we are guided by the information provided by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) regarding Student Visa English Language requirements at -   https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Stud/More/Student-Visa-English-Language-Requirements






The Folllowing Information is copied from the Department of Immigration and Border Protection Web Site

Acceptable English language test score

Where evidence of English Ianguage is required, the following minimum English language test score from the following providers will be accepted: 

​English language provider test

​Minimum test score

​Minimum test score where combined with at least 10 weeks ELICOS

​Minimum test score where combined with at least 20 weeks ELICOS

​International English Language Testing System




​*Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) paper based




​TOEFL internet based test




​Cambridge English: Advanced (Certificate in Advanced English)




​Pearson Test of English Academic




​Occupational English Test**




English language exemptions

If you fall into one of the following student categories, you are exempt from providing evidence of English language proficiency requirements with your visa application:

  • students enrolled in fulltime school studies as a principal course, including secondary exchange programmes; postgraduate research courses; standalone English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS); and Foreign Affairs or Defence sponsored students
  • students who have completed at least five years’ study in one or more of the following countries: Australia, UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, or the Republic of Ireland
  • citizens and passport holders of one of the following English‑speaking countries: UK, USA, Canada, NZ or Republic of Ireland
  • students who have successfully completed in Australia in the English language either the Senior Secondary Certificate of Education or studies at the Certificate IV or higher level, in the two years before applying for the student visa.

Print Email

AQF Colour Logo for website

Enrolment Options

   Part time self paced   

Contact us to discuss
enrolment options and fees
1300 ART CLASS (1300 278 252)
Leave Us a Message 
Well Respond in 24 Hours 
Usually Sooner

NRT LogoSydney Art School
Registered Training Organisation #41133