How do I get a Certificate or Diploma of Visual Arts?
To Be Awarded a Qualification ...
You will need to complete Units of Competency based on the Packaging Rules listed against the qualification. A list of Units currently offered by Sydney Art School is provided in the details section of each qualification.
To Complete Units of Competency ...
You will need to be assessed as meeting the perfomance criteria for those Units by
- attending studio sessions associated with that unit, AND
- completing and submitting your Assessment Workbook associated with that unit AND
- completing and submitting your portfolio of work relevant to that unit (this will be described in further detail in the Assessment Workbook).
While you are enrolled in studio sessions at Sydney Art School
- You can work towards multiple Units at the same time.
- You can submit your Assessment Workbook at any time during your enrolment at Sydney Art School.
Be realistic about how much you can achieve. As a guideline, if you are attenidng only 1 studio session per week then completing an average of 2 Units over the course of 2 x 8 week terms terms is a good starting point expectation.
A good way to get started are the special "Pre Diploma" unit bundles.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) against Units that not listed above may be assessed by Sydney Art School on request.
Other Units Not Listed
If there are other Units you are particularly interested in working towards that are not listed in our current offerings please contact us.